Friday 26 July 2013

Dainty Doll

I have always wanted to try Dainty Doll products but they're not very widely available so I'd forgotten about them until the other day when I happened to be in my local Poundland and I let out a squeak of excitement. I immediately rummaged through the whole section finding the complete colour range. They only had four eyeshadows and a base out of an original nine products but beggars can't be choosers when they are a pound each. Dainty Doll is designed for particularly pale skinned people, and as I'm not the palest in the world I was worried how the colours would transfer to the skin but I thought it was worth a try.
001 Frankie Girl: This is a very pale cream eyeshadow base, for me possibly a bit too pale but used sparingly it blends well. The consistency is a little powdery (like the Topshop creme blushes) and doesn't feel too sticky on the lid, which I was afraid of.

002 Treat Her Like A Lady: This shadow is my favourite out of the four, it's a mauve taupe colour with a slight silver shimmer through it. This would look great used as an all over colour in a smokey eye, or under a cat eye.
004 Copacabana: This is a matte bright aqua blue shadow, I don't usually wear brightly coloured eye shadows and don't own many apart from a sleek palette, but after recently seeing LLYLMRS video on 'Wild Makeup' I was inspired to get out of my comfort zone. I liked how she used her blue shadow wet as a liner and I think its a very wearable way of experimenting with this colour.

007 Lollipops & Roses: This colour is a little scary, a bright fusica pink with silver shimmer. I have always been afraid of reds and pinks in eye shadow in case I look like I've been poked in the eye. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, I might just reserve it for festivals.

008 Jungle: Again, I think in the pan this looks scary, but on the skin it looks like a metallic mint colour with a lot of silver tones. Blended out with some more neutral colours pixiwoo style it would look beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. I've become a blue winged liner convert after seeing Lily's video! I might have to pay my local Poundland a visit to see if I can pick up that Jungle eyeshadow, it looks gorgeous. Teach Me Tiger is my favourite Dainty Doll eyeshadow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My local Poundland always has decent brands in so it's worth a look every now and then :)

      Delete